Caerus Corp., a Minnesota corporation, was formed in July of 2015 with the mission to change the course of animal rehabilitation by applying medical technologies already proven on human patients to animal patients. The main objective of the company is to serve veterinarians and pet owners by providing life-enhancing solutions and therapies that restore health in animals.
Our long-term vision is to build a global veterinary medical rehabilitation company that focuses on the discovery, development, and commercialization of products for the treatment of orthopedic, pain and other rehabilitative conditions for all animals. We plan to accomplish this vision by creating, licensing, and/or acquiring existing medical device technologies which have already been deployed and proven in the human medical device market, with appropriate modifications for use in the veterinary medical device market.
In August of 2015, we secured an exclusive worldwide license for bracing technology from DJO Global (DJO), a major player in the manufacture, distribution, and marketing of orthopedic medical devices. The license is for the patented canine thermoformable bracing technology originally developed by Exos Corporation.
In January of 2016, we acquired OrthoCor Medical, Inc. OrthoCor Medical is an orthopedic medical device company with several US and international patents related to pain management and the treatment of chronic joint pain. We acquired the company so that we could use its patented and FDA cleared PEMF technology for creating veterinary medical devices to alleviate chronic pain in animals.
In May of 2016, we acquired Animal OrthoCare, LLC. Animal OrthoCare is a veterinary custom bracing company focused on creating customized support braces for companion animals. We believe this acquisition allows us to be the only animal bracing and supports company in the country to offer custom, semi-custom and customizable animal braces.
In August of 2017, we acquired Lil Backbracer, LLC. Lil Backbracer is a canine back bracing company with patented technology to alleviate pain in dogs who suffer from IVDD. The acquisition of Lil Backbracer company allows us to enhance our portfolio of patented technologies in the veterinary rehabilitation market.
Our long- term objectives are to:
- Disrupt the existing paradigm of external musculoskeletal stabilization of animals by introducing custom and customizable bracing technologies into veterinary markets worldwide.
- Disrupt the existing paradigm of animal orthopedic pain management by offering non-invasive, non-pharmaceutical and effective PEMF pain management devices.
- Disrupt the existing paradigm of canine back bracing by offering a non-surgical and non-pharmaceutical alternative to IVDD treatment for dogs suffering from back pain.
- Continue to search, develop, license or acquire patented technologies that complement our current portfolio of animal rehabilitation therapy devices.
- Partner with veterinarians, veterinary technician, pet owners and pet lovers worldwide to offer unique products to enhance and prolong animals’ lives.